Boarding & Day
There is a strong sense of community at Christ College. Each of our seven houses has its own character and is run like an extended family by Houseparents. They are ably supported by a team comprising of Assistant Houseparents, tutors, and domestic staff who will ensure that your child's welfare and health are safeguarded, as well as their academic progress. Your child will have unrestricted access to their Houseparents and this open-door policy encourages a strong relationship between parents, staff and pupils.
The house system provides stability and the fact that the houses comprise of both Boarding and Day pupils means that all of the pupils in the houses interact in every area of school life. Day pupils benefit from the huge range of activities and superb facilities while Boarders can enjoy friendships that extend well beyond the school gates and into the local community.
There are seven houses spread across the Christ College campus;
- St Nicholas House - Junior School for boys and girls in Years 3 - 6.
- Alway House - boarding and day house for boys and girls in Years 7 and 8 and weekly boarding for St Nicholas House pupils.
- de Winton House, Donaldson's - boarding for girls in Years 9 to Upper Sixth.
- Orchard House, School House -boarding for boys in Years 9 to Upper Sixth.
- St. David's House - day house for boys and girls in Years 9-Upper Sixth.