Alway and Year 9 pupils were this week treated to a range of fascinating interactive sessions as part of a showcase of medical careers. Medical Maverick workshops inspire students to make informed decisions about their career & lifestyle choices.
– Use the ultrasound machine to see inside their body and measure the size of their blood vessels
– See inside their eye with an iPhone retina scan
– Record and print an ECG from their heart
– Hear their pulse with a Doppler Probe!
– Try key hole surgery on a training device used by surgeons
– Use a real needle to take fake blood from an fake arm
– Experience different eye diseases with the pathology goggles
– Test hearing and reflexes
– Take basic medical observation such as blood pressure, oxygen sats and temp
– Suturing fake skin
– Recording respiration rates
A fantastic workshop showing our pupils the amazing opportunities and jobs that could be available to them. Thank you Medical Mavericks, lots to think about!
There was plenty of talent on display at today’s Eisteddfod. The event opened with ‘Hen Wlad fy Nhadau’ where all pupils stood and listened intently. The recitation team winners each performed their English and Welsh pieces whilst musicians Helisent, Shan Shan ,Izzy and Freya all…Read on
Christ College Music Department are proud to present a collection of performances and recollections from an illustrious group of Old Breconians for whom music has played a significant part in their lives. Many have gone on to have careers in the music industry as performers,…Read on
We were delighted to have William Osbourne, a professional animator, running a digital workshop with our Year 9 this week. The pupils got an insight into stop motion techniques as well as an opportunity to see some of William’s work . They were also able…Read on
Our Junior pupils took a step back in time yesterday for a ‘World War II’ day. Pupils and staff dressed in 1940’s costumes and took part in a day of nostalgic activities. The day started with the unmistakeble sound of air raid sirens to signal…Read on
Christ College Celebrates World Book Day With Mystery Readers AHEAD of World Book Day, Christ College Brecon is launching a host of activities to engage pupils with their reading, including ‘The Masked Reader’ and a guest reading from children’s author, Robin Stevens. Drawing inspiration from…Read on