Joining the school is a simple, uncomplicated and based on the following stages and process:
- We accept pupils to our junior school between the ages of 7 - 11 years. Please see the St Nicholas House section for details.
- Pupils enter the senior school aged 11, 13 or 16. Sometimes boys and girls are admitted at other stages in their education.
- Candidates entering at 11 and 13 are expected to take entrance tests in Mathematics, English and an IQ test. A school report is requested.
- Candidates entering at 16 are expected to gain 6 GCSEs at Grade C or better. A report from the previous school is also requested.
A first step in getting to know the school would be to visit one of our Open Mornings or to arrange an individual visit. We hold our Open Mornings in October and March.
The typical format for an Open day is as follows:
- Registration & Refreshments at the medieval Dining Hall
- Welcome address from the Head, Mr Gareth Pearson.
- Individual tours of the school by a Sixth Form pupil.
- Informal Reception at Y Neuadd Goffa - The Memorial Hall, to enable parents the opportunity to chat with key members of staff such as the Head, Bursar, Director of Studies and the Admissions Registrar and gather further information on the school.
Many prospective pupils take up the offer of a 'Taster Day' before their parents register them for the school. The next stage would be to sit entrance tests after which an offer letter will be sent out. Acceptance of this offer secures a place in the school.
|MRS MARGARET STEPHENS - ADMISSIONS REGISTRAR|
Mrs Margaret StephensAdmissions Registrar