|Thank you for enquiring about the admissions process at Christ College.
Joining the school is a simple, uncomplicated and based on the following stages and process:
- Pupils normally enter the senior school aged 11, 13 or 16. Sometimes boys and girls are admitted at other stages in their education. With the opening of our new junior section, St Nicholas House, in September 2014, we also accept pupils between the ages of 7 - 11 years. Please see the St Nicholas House section for details.
- Candidates entering at 11 and 13 are expected to take entrance tests in Mathematics, English and an IQ test. A school report is requested.
- Candidates entering at 16 are expected to gain 6 GCSEs at Grade C or better. A report from the previous school is also requested.
A first step in getting to know the school might be to visit one of our Open Mornings or to ring me to arrange an individual visit at any time. We hold our Open Mornings in October and March.
Many prospective pupils take up the offer of a 'Taster Day' before their parents register them for the school. The next stage would be to sit tests after which an offer letter will be sent out. Acceptance of this offer secures a place in the school.
Entrance and Scholarship Assessments for entry in September 2017 will take place on:
- For Sixth Form - Information evening Friday 4th November
- Entrance and Scholarship Assessment Friday 18th November
- For Year 7 and Year 9 2017 - Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th February 2017.
- For entrance into our new Junior section (Years 3 to 6) Friday 17th March 2017
However please contact me to discuss your requirements as individual assessments/entrance test will continue throughout the academic year.
For further details on the admissions process or to arrange a visit, please contact me via: