|The school’s Host Family Scheme is designed for pupils who live overseas who need a UK guardian during half term holidays and Exeats.|
Christ College's scheme is inspected by Care Standards in Wales as part of the school's inspection and it aims to provide a safe environment for pupils which is cost effective and closely monitored.
For further information on the Host Family Scheme, including fees and an application form please email: email@example.com
What does a Christ College Guardian do?
A Christ College Host Family looks after pupils who need hosting during half term holidays and Exeats. Host Familys will:
- provide suitable accommodation on a full board basis
- build up a relationship with the pupil, including them into their family
- collect and return pupils to school at the beginning and end of the hosting period
- give reasonable supervision in house during the day and evening
- provide laundry facilities
- liaise closely with relevant school staff (and parents if required).
What checks are undertaken?
Christ College's Host families go through a selection process before being appointed. Continous checks throughout the year are also made.
Christ College's scheme is also inspected by Care Standards in Wales as part of the school's inspection. Christ College's Host families go through a selection process which involves:
- an interview
- review of accommodation (to include health and safety questionnaire)
- Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau
Once these checks have been completed the host family is accepted on the Christ College Scheme. Ongoing checks by the Guardian Manager will also take place throughout the year, which include:
- telephone checks to host families
- visit reports from host families
- visit report and meeting with pupil
- yearly review of accommodation