|The school stages a number of plays and musical productions every year. |
The school stages a number of plays and musical productions every year, with a Senior Production, A Junior House Production (Years 7 and 8) and a Middle School Production (Years 9 and 10) Each year pupils past and present as well as teachers, parents and members of staff come together for a community project. Recent performances have included:
Jesus Christ Superstar (2012)
Les Miserables (2013)
Twelfth Night (2014)
Grease! (Dec 2015)
Middle School Productions:
'The Dark Room' (A Murder Mystery Evening) (2015)
'475 .. A History of Christ College Breconin 47.5 minutes' (2016)
Lower School Productions:
The Wind in the Willows (2013)
Bugsy Malone (2014)
The Lion King (2015)
Under Milk Wood (2013)
Passing Bells (2014)
A Funny Turn (2015)
Pupils may also choose to have tuition in Speech Drama leading to LAMDA lessons. Speech and Drama lessons are taught in St Nicholas House by Ms L Tait (MA CSSD) and Mr G Davies (BA RADA) with a high percentage of students achieving the highest 'Distinction' mark for the exams which are taken in the Lent and Summer Terms.
With the opening, in September 2013, of a new Centre for the Creative Arts - Y Neuadd Goffa ~ The Memorial Hall - at Christ College, music and drama is exceptionally well catered for.
Drama Scholarships: These awards are available at 13+ and 16+ and could be worth up to 20% of the Day or Boarding Fees. Drama scholarships will offer students:
- active support from the Head of Drama both in academic drama and in pursuing theatrical ambitions;
- opportunities to participate in school drama and learn leadership within Christ College Drama productions;
- one-to-one support with any Drama School applications;
- participation in Drama Workshops and Masterclasses;
- Speech & Drama lessons that lead to LAMDA qualifications.
We are looking for candidates who:
- can show evidence of a passion for theatre, including performance, technical aspects and enjoyment of watching theatrical productions;
- have the potential and ambition to develop as an actor/actress/contributor to theatrical productions;
- show a commitment to involvement in school drama, both inside and outside the classroom;
- demonstrate an intention to study drama and to participate ad lead in school drama.
For more details, please email the Admissions Registrar or click here.
More content to follow.