- Mrs EL Blatt BSc
- Miss SE Jones BSc (Head of Science Faculty)
- MP Sims BSc
- Mrs S Phelps
The courses offered provide the opportunity to gain a sound understanding of Biology through the study of fundamental biological principles whilst exploring modern applications of Biology. The courses provide an appropriate foundation for further study of Biology or related subjects in higher education.
FORMS 4 & 5 (Years M10 & M11) - KEY STAGE 4
The course follows AQA 4411 and consists of three units, Biology 1, 2 and 3 each assessed by exam and worth 25%
In addition there is an Investigative Skills Assignment – ISA (an externally set, internally assessed test) + Practical Skills Assessment worth a further 25%
The Biology parts of the 2 Science GCSEs – Science AQA 4461 and Additional Science AQA 4463 are covered in Biology 1 and Biology 2 respectively.
FORM 6 (Years 12 & 13) – A LEVEL SCHEMES OF WORK
Biology is a popular subject in the sixth form and a significant number of candidates have been prepared for entry to medical and veterinary schools.
Lower 6 (Yr 12) – AS OCR Syllabus H021
- Unit F211 Cells Exchange & Transport (30%)
- Unit F212 Molecules, Biodiversity, Food & Health (50%)
- Unit F213 Practical Skills in Biology 1 (20%)
Upper 6 (Yr 13) – A2 OCR Syllabus H421
- Unit F214 Communication, Homeostasis & Energy (30%)
- Unit F215 Control, Genomes & Environment (50%)
- Unit F216 Practical Skills in Biology 2 (20%)